Run Markie Run!

Remember the catch line? Run Forest Run! . It's from the Forest Gump movie. Haven't seen that movie though but I recognized the catch line. Hehehe Nothing actually. I am happy for my week, I mean last week. Some of you might have read my friendster blog (which I haven't updated for quite some time). Yeah, there's a lot happening to me last week and most of them are good things. Hehehehehe But my proudest moment is the Sabah Credit Corporation Inter-Pride Cross Country.

This is what I called luck! Or maybe my determination to finished the run. Although I might not fit enough to compete in a long distance runs (even short distance lah I guess), I managed to complete the runs and what makes me proud, although (again) I didn't win the race, finishing 5th was a great achievement. Also I become the first person from my group (Enjoyment) to reach the finished line. Yeah! Kalau ikut ah, I don't set any target of finishing, apa lai bilang mo dapat placing.


Baru sampai, with my bottle of water... (5th)

Just set in my mind that I have nothing to lose, and this is a good practise for
me before I set foot on the Highest mountain in South East Asia, the Mount
Kinabalu this Friday. I guess nobody has given me hope to get a good placing in
the runs. Maybe because I rarely trained (i.e. jogging). Only every Wednesday I
went to play futsal with my office mate. And then there goes my bad habit,
Smoking. So how could anybody give me hope based on my lifestyle? Hehehehe

Well, Finishing 5th as I said earlier was a great achievement. I just said to myself, hey this is nothing compare to the torture you might get from the mount climb. If you can't go through this, how can you climb the mount kinabalu? So I just keep running and running with only a small bottle of water in my hand. I could have finished as far as 3rd placing if I didn't stop a lot. Penat bah lari-lari kalau lama nda lari ni. I still remember when I was in my high school day, I am a middle distance runners. My pet event was 400m, 4x400m and 400m berpagar. I don't have any problem competing in that event, walaupun I jarang menang tapi fitness based, not a problem. Masih sia ingat at one event, I have to compete in 400m berpagar and after that compete again in 110m hurdles. Manage to get 3rd placing in that event wekekekekeke ...

Apart from that, what makes me really-really and I mean REALLY happy was my group (Enjoyment) was declared the overall winner in that runs. So me alone finishing 5th was not the factor. It is a team work that make us the winner. It should happen to any group or organization. Teamwork + Understanding + the will to fight = WINNERS!!! Hopefully next year I will be able to improved my position. Hahahahaha

KaDuS Bilang:
Dush!! yang sebenarnya, I almost vommit once reach di finished line. Wakakakaka.. Penat bah that. Although tidak lah jauh betul that distance, tapi payah bah kalau urang tidak fit dan tidak cukup napas nie. Kali next year sia mo angkat tangki oksigen nie pigi lari wakakakakaka Whatever it is, I enjoyed this event! Nda sabar mo tunggu next year...

This entry was posted in , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Run Markie Run!

Anonymous said...

manangkus! hahaha ... nda kelaratan aku mau manangkus skrg... hihihi buli tahan ko mark! Keehooii.. tu dia! :P

ya sigup ko tu.. tiap kali sia nampak ko jalan kaki p bus stop.. mesti bersigup sambil jalan2 hehe

markiekadus said...

wakakaka... marilah kita managkus bie... and then tomorrow sia pigi naik gunung lai... and yes... with my sigups!!! wakakakaka. last time pun sia gitu.

Zehan said...

so it means that ur going today since today is Friday....
i'm sure u can reach the top right like before...

Anonymous said...

walaupun penatan suda tp begaya juga gambar ko mark... hahaha